(in line with the Kennel Club Judges Competency Framework)
To be held on Saturday, 21st March 2020
The Smooth Collie Club of Great Britain are pleased to announce that they will be holding a Breed Appreciation Day held in line with the new Judges Competency Framework (JCF). The day is open to all.
The day comprises of a breed talk aiming to provide or reinforce the basic knowledge to establish a Candidates/Level 1 Judge’s understanding and appreciation of the breed, in order to take a subsequent Multiple Choice Breed Standard Exam (dependent on eligibility – see below*). Attending the Breed Appreciation Day and passing the Multiple Choice Breed Standard Exam Forms part of the criteria that will enable the candidate to attain Level 2 Status. Subjects covered in the morning session will include a brief history of the breed, function of the breed and it’s correlation to its confirmation and movement and elaboration on breed specifics. All elements of the standard will be covered, and there will be live exhibits to show movement and finer points of the Breed. The presentation of the Breed Standard (BAD) is Open to All.
*For those wishing to sit the Multiple Choice Exam (MCE) the following must be completed prior to the day:- Candidates must either be already approved to award CC’s in a breed or will have to have fulfilled the entry level criteria which includes the following:-
- Have a proven interest of a minimum of 5 years in one or more aspects of the breeding and exhibiting of pedigree dogs (including show administration/stewarding)
- Undertaken 6 full days of Stewarding appointments
- Attended a KC Requirements of a Dog Show Judge (RDSJ) Seminar and passed the exam
- Passed the KC 50 Points of a Dog assessment
- Attended a Kennel Club Conformation and Movement Seminar
- Completed the Kennel Club Critique Writing Seminar and the online Kennel Club Stewarding Seminar and passed both exams (can be found on KC Academy)
- Must be at least an approved JCF Level 1 Judge for Smooth Collies
The afternoon session will consist of a Hands on Judging Assessment limited to a maximum of 10 candidates of whom will be required to be either on current A3 or B List for Smooth Collies. The Assessment is for those aiming for the current A2 List before completion of the transition period (31st December 2021) within the current system. Candidates will go over 5 dogs, watch them move and place the dogs.
ALL ENQUIRIES & REQUESTS FOR JOINING FORMS please contact:-
Mrs Cathy Howard (Breed Education Coordinator)
1 The Birches
Telephone: (01406 351496) Email: