Thank you to the committee for inviting me to judge and the exhibitors for a super entry – I thoroughly enjoyed my day. Thank you to my stewards Brenda Piears & Joe Smith for keeping everything running smoothly.
Some of the decisions were very close, the best classes of the day being Open Dog & Limit Bitch with several exhibits worthy of top awards. I was pleased with the overall temperaments, especially the youngsters who have not had many chances to experience the show scene due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Minor Puppy Dog (2,0)
1. Lusty – Blamorder Audacity – very promising tri dog with good clean wedge head, flat skull. Well made body with correct angulation front & rear, good bone. Moved well – Best Puppy Dog, BPIS & BMPIS.
2. Cowling & Lusty – Blamorder Opulence at Himinnsaga – blue merle litter brother to the winner and all the comments above apply. Just needs to settle on the move. Look forward to seeing how these two mature.
Puppy Dog (2,0)
1. Lusty – Blamorder Audacity
2. Benton – Oakestelle God Of Mischief – immature puppy of nice type. Clean wedge head, just needs to flatten in skull. Good angulation & bone, moved well.
Junior Dog (2,0)
1. White – Brackenhaye Lionheart – tri dog with good length of head, well made body although a bit heavy. Good bone, moved OK when he decided to co-operate.
2. Corben & Moore – Stormsett Shadow Dancer via Caprioara – tri dog, stronger in head than 1st. Lacks front angulation of 1st and so lacked the required length of stride moving.
Yearling Dog (0,0)
Post Graduate Dog (3,0)
1. French – Foxearth Fly Forward – s&w which I really liked. Good head & eye, good length of neck, well made body with correct angulation front & rear. Moved well. Just lacks enthusiasm for showing.
2. Martin & Howard – Shandlmain Blu Chief – blue merle. Nice head, just a bit too strong for me. Good length of neck, well made body, just needs to tighten in movement.
3. Holloway – Coneypark Coldplay
Limit Dog (3,2)
1. Howard – Jack Mack’s Va Buidhinn of Shandlmain – tri dog of nice type, good length of head, clean stop, ears need to settle. Well made body with good length of back. Good bone, moved well.
Open Dog (6,1)
1. Lusty – Blamorder Bring Him Home – quality tri dog who has a clean wedge head of correct length, dark correct shaped eye giving super expression. Very well angulated front & rear with good length of back and excellent bone. Moved with reach & drive to win the CC, RBIS & BOSIS.
2. French – Ch Breckamore By Design – another quality dog with good clean wedge head. Preferred eye of 1st. Good front with good length of back, moved and showed well to win the RCC in good competition.
3. Denton – Ch Brackenhaye Fields Of Gold – s&w – another quality dog who well deserves his title.
Veteran Dog (1,1)
Special Vintage Dog or Bitch (2,2)
Minor Puppy Bitch (0,0)
Puppy Bitch (3,0)
1. Howard – Shandlmain’s Sofistikate – pretty tri bitch with clean wedge head, just needs to fill in stop. Well made body with good length of back. Moved well to win Best Puppy Bitch & RBPIS.
2. Martin & Howard – Shandlmain’s Shuri with Sturtmoor – tri bitch, heavier type than 1st. Good length of head, body & bone, moved well.
3. Corben – Cownbred Butterfly Wings via Caprioara
Junior Bitch (2,0)
1. Denton – Brackenhaye Heart And Soul – feminine tri bitch of nice type. Good clean wedge head, nice eye & expression. Good body & bone, moved well.
2. Howard – Brackenhaye Heartbreaker at Shandlmain – another nice tri, litter sister to 1st. Heavier type, good length of head, well made body, moved well.
Yearling Bitch (3,1)
1. Lusty – Blamorder Dwell On Dreams – tri of correct type. Good head with dark eyes, good length of neck, front & rear angulation, moved well.
2. Benton – Brackenhaye Queen Of Hearts of Oakestelle – tri with a good head & eye. Good length of back, front angulation not quite as good as 1st.
Post Graduate Bitch (3,1)
1. Palmer – Toonian Tall tale to Blamorder – tri with clean wedge head. Good length of back, well angulated front & rear. Moved well.
2. Robinson – Daracha Eclipse – sweet tri with nice head, Good body, just lacks the reach & drive of 1st on the move.
Limit Bitch (6,1)
1. Russell – Koczkodan Serenity – tri with clean wedge head, flat skull. Good length of neck & back, well made body with good front & rear angulation. Moved & showed well to win the RCC.
2. Lusty – Blamorder Fancy Patter – b/m with good head, flat skull, well made body with good angulation, moved well, close decision between these 2.
3. Meacham – Blamorder Curlywurley Girly at Zellamere.
Open Bitch (4,0)
1. French – Wynele Alice Blue Gown with Breckamore – stunning blue merle bitch of correct type. Clean wedge head with flat skull, good ears which she used to advantage. Arched neck, well made body with correct angulation front & rear, good length of back. Excellent movement, steady with good reach & drive – Pleased to award her the CC & BIS
2. Benton – Oakestelle Venus De Milo – b/m finer type than 1st. Good length of head, well made body, good length of back, well angulated front & rear. Moved well, stood & showed well – Best Veteran, BVIS.
3. Pletz-Kazantziz & Busby – Ch Foxearth Fandella
Veteran Bitch (5,4)
1. Forbes – Willowhurst Vanity – tri bitch, good length of head, flat skull. Good length of back, moved erratically – RBVIS
Judge – Delia Moores